Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Keith is on the Internet, and he's going to officiate football (but not at the same time)

It's been a while since I gave any sort of update on this blog, so here are a couple of things I've been up to lately.

On the work front, I'm done with the NLT Study Bible that I previously blogged about. It will be available in September, but you can get some glimpses of it right now at nltstudybible.com and the NLT Study Bible blog, written by the general editor for the project, Sean Harrison. I'm working on a couple of different Bibles that will come out in 2009 right now, but I can talk about them later.

I'm also now officially blogging at work as well. This means I get to spend nearly half of my day on the Internet, and I get paid for it! The NLT Blog is a group blog, and I am only one contributor. Right now we only have three confirmed contributors (myself, the Bible editor; Laura, the Bible marketer; and Kevin, the Bible development guy). We will soon have one of the scholars behind the NLT as a contributor and a pastor who uses the NLT as well. My first substantive post went up Monday, and it actually created something of a buzz among Bible bloggers (see the links and comments at the bottom). It certainly got more attention than I expected on the first day of a new blog! But that is how the Internet works sometimes, I guess.

In other news, now that I don't have a thesis to write, I'm picking up a new hobby: football officiating. I'm in the middle of a class right now about how to be a football official, and by the fall I'll be certified and ready to start ticking off parents, fans, players, and coaches at will.

I'll probably have to start with youth league and lower-level high school games, but hopefully I'll land some varsity assignments before the year is out.

With any luck (and if I actually enjoy it), you'll be able to see me patrolling the sidelines on Saturday afternoon TV sometime in the next 10 years.

Oh yeah, and I also forgot to mention that I got to work on Jim Tressel's new book a couple of months ago. I was one of the primary editors, and I must say it is a pretty good book if you are into football or self-improvement type books. It will be available next Tuesday, July 15.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Impressive! I'm proud of you.